Psychology adjunct instructor/professor
ACT (the American College of Thessaloniki), the tertiary division of Anatolia College, is seeking a Psychology adjunct instructor/professor to cover its immediate needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrate skill and knowledge in teaching discipline.
- Make continuous efforts to improve the quality of instruction by reviewing and utilizing innovative technologies, methodologies, techniques, and delivery methods.
- Develop and use a syllabus for each course within college, discipline, and departmental guidelines and submit one copy to the department chair.
- Use a variety of teaching methods and materials, appropriate for students with differing educational and experiential backgrounds and learning styles that assist them in meeting course objectives.
- Evaluate students to measure their progress toward achievement of stated course objectives, and inform them of their progress in the course in a timely manner.
- Keep accurate student records and submit related reports and forms within requested timelines.
- Learn and apply technologies that support student learning.
- Keep pace with developments in the discipline.
- Participate in discipline committee or program meetings and activities.
- Review, evaluate, and revise program curricula and practices to assure compliance with professional standards, and requirements of business/industry, and higher education.
Interest and relevant background in the area of neuropsychology, positive psychology and health promotion, and any clinical courses will be deemed an asset. Candidates holding a Master’s degree in the discipline will be considered but preference will be given to those who hold a Doctoral degree.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Proficiency in the course development in Psychology
- Published work in peer reviewed journals and conferences.
- Experience with current best practices in lecture and instruction
- Willingness and ability to teach day or evening classes
- Knowledge and skill in a variety of computer usage and software
- Ability to inspire and motivate students in a student-centered environment
- Fluency in English
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with and effectively manage a diverse professional, community and student population
- At least three years of college level teaching experience at undergraduate or graduate level.
- Experience in academic supervision of undergraduate or graduate students.
- College level teaching experience at a US - accredited higher education institution is preferred. British higher education experience is also important as well as experience working with diverse populations.
- Before being hired to teach a course, the applicant must be registered in the College’s Teachers Registry of the Ministry of Education (Μητρώο Διδασκόντων Κολλεγίων).
A complete application package must include: (1) Letter of interest outlining qualifications for the position, (2) Complete Curriculum Vitae, (3) List of at least four professional references, including name, address, title, telephone number, and e-mail.
Δεχόμαστε καθόλη τη διάρκεια του έτους αιτήσεις από
Συμπληρώστε και στείλτε μας την αίτησή σας από τον αντίστοιχο σύνδεσμο.