User Services Librarian and Archives Coordinator
The Anatolia College Libraries and Archives seeks a User Services Librarian and Archives Coordinator to join our active team of librarians dedicated to building excellent user services for our communities.
We are interested in people with commitment, enthusiasm, creativity and flexibility in working hours to join us and contribute to our vision. The Library is central to the learning process and the Librarian is expected to support building an inviting and inspiring environment for our students, staff and faculty and the Anatolia community as well as members.
The position is a 9- month full time contract starting in September to June and may be renewable upon agreement of all parties.
Reporting to: Director of Anatolia College Libraries.
Archives Coordinator aspect of the role responsibilities
Collect, organize, and maintain control over a wide range of primary sources in many formats. Create finding aids in compliance with professional standards and encode finding aids using contemporary tools to make them available to researchers online. Appraise potential acquisitions. Provide research assistance in the use of archival materials. Develop policies and/or procedures and directly manage the acquisition, disposition, access to, and safekeeping of archival materials. Teach students with primary sources. Organise Archives exhibitions.
User Services Librarian aspect of the role responsibilities
Ensure user focused services offering excellent customer experience. Manage desk and circulation services, Library Reserves, and Internal Interlibrary Loan in line with curriculum support and research requirements of students and staff. Provide advice and assistance to students regarding the effective use of printed and electronic information for study, teaching and research. Produce Library promotional and publicity materials, including in print, online publications, provide a social media presence, and create service announcements across multiple media, displays and stakeholder activities. Promote and help host events held in the Library. Use Photoshop to create posters. The role also includes cataloguing, collection evaluation and collection development responsibilities.
- Qualified librarian/archivist joined degree (Master’s degree desirable) with a 2 year work experience in libraries and/or archives
- Good knowledge of IT and digital tools
- Good knowledge of current best practices and trends in libraries and archives is necessary
- Excellent knowledge of the Greek and English language required
- Any other relevant duties as instructed by the Director of Libraries
Preferred characteristics [personal qualities] of the candidate
- A professional, approachable, and positive attitude toward faculty and students
- Ability to work harmoniously with all users and other departments
- Trustworthiness, honesty, and discretion
- Ability to manage time effectively
- A methodical and well-organized approach to undertaking duties.
- Maximum flexibility in working hours to provide coverage and support during special events and preparedness to work overtime
- Familiarity with MS Office, Excel, use of Internet and email
- Ability to accept constructive criticism
- Willingness to work effectively as a member of the team
A complete application package must include: (1) Letter of interest outlining qualifications for the position, (2) Complete Curriculum Vitae, (3) At least two professional references, including name, address, title, telephone number, and e-mail.
Δεχόμαστε καθόλη τη διάρκεια του έτους αιτήσεις από
Συμπληρώστε και στείλτε μας την αίτησή σας από τον αντίστοιχο σύνδεσμο.