User Services Librarian and Archives Coordinator
The Anatolia College Libraries and Archives seeks a User Services Librarian and Archives Coordinator to join our active team of librarians dedicated to building excellent user services for our communities.
We are interested in people with commitment, enthusiasm, creativity and flexibility in working hours to join us and contribute to our vision. The Library is central to the learning process and the Librarian is expected to support building an inviting and inspiring environment for our students, staff and faculty and the Anatolia community as well as members.
This is will be September to June 9 month contract and may be renewable upon agreement of all parties. The starting date will be 1st of February.
Reporting to: Director of Anatolia College Libraries.
Archives Coordinator aspect of the role responsibilities
Collect, organize, and maintain control over a wide range of primary sources in many formats. Create finding aids in compliance with professional standards and encode finding aids using contemporary tools to make them available to researchers online. Appraise potential acquisitions. Provide research assistance in the use of archival materials. Develop policies and/or procedures and directly manage the acquisition, disposition, access to, and safekeeping of archival materials. Teach students with primary sources. Organize Archives exhibitions.
User Services Librarian aspect of the role responsibilities
Ensure user focused services offering excellent customer experience. Provide advice and assistance to students regarding the effective use of printed and electronic information for study, teaching and research. Produce Library promotional and publicity materials, including in print, online publications, provide a social media presence. Promote and help host events held in the Library. The role also requires cataloguing, collection evaluation and collection development responsibilities.
- Qualified librarian/archivist joined degree (Master’s degree desirable) with a 2 year work experience in libraries and/or archives
- Good knowledge of IT and digital tools
- Good knowledge of current best practices and trends in libraries and archives is necessary
- Excellent knowledge of the Greek and English language required
Preferred characteristics [personal qualities] of the candidate
- A professional, approachable, and positive attitude toward faculty and students
- Ability to work effectively with the library team, with all users and other departments
- Trustworthiness, honesty, and discretion
- A methodical and well-organized approach to undertaking duties.
- Maximum flexibility in working hours to provide coverage and support during special events and preparedness to work overtime
A complete application package must include: (1) Letter of interest outlining qualifications for the position, (2) Complete Curriculum Vitae, (3) At least two professional references, including name, address, title, telephone number, and e-mail.
Δεχόμαστε καθόλη τη διάρκεια του έτους αιτήσεις από
Συμπληρώστε και στείλτε μας την αίτησή σας από τον αντίστοιχο σύνδεσμο.