Elementary Teacher - Pinewood
Overview of the Position
Pinewood seeks a dynamic Elementary teacher for the 2020-2021 academic year. We seek a teacher who exhibits excellence in the classroom, encourages students’ development as informed ethical citizens of the world and is interested in working collaboratively with colleagues. The ideal candidate will implement modern, student-centered and inquiry-based approaches to teaching and learning and work cooperatively with students, parents and colleagues to create and support an inclusive, individualized, creative learning environment with student success, academically, emotionally and socially as the foremost goal.
Our teachers are committed to ongoing renewal. Thus, we seek candidates who are committed to their own professional growth, who are eager to work with colleagues in a productive manner towards departmental goals and the school’s vision and who can foster critical thinking, empathy, creativity and strength of character in our students.
Prior experience teaching in an English-speaking school environment and/or with PYP experience is considered a strong advantage for the position. All candidates must be native speakers of English.
Scope of the Position
The Elementary teacher reports directly to the EYP/Elementary Principal and will be responsible for teaching Language Arts, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, ESL and other courses as designated by the program. The position is full-time.
- Embrace the mission, vision and philosophy of the school
- Prepare original weekly outlines and course descriptions for each course taught
- Implement AERO standards in course design and delivery
- Prepare and teach daily lessons and complete the yearly curriculum as outlined
- Carry out advisory duties as assigned by the Principal
- Supervise students in the classroom and during recess/lunch/school activities to ensure safety
- Assist with order and discipline both in the classroom and around the school
- Participate in the faculty appraisal system as designated by the President and Principal
- Administer appropriate formative and summative assessments to drive student learning
- Comply with all student SEN accommodations as identified by the school
- Monitor student progress, including up-to-date and accurate record-keeping
- Submit grades and written comments promptly as required by the Principal
- Communicate judiciously with students and parents regarding student progress and feedback
- Make time during the school day for student and/or parent conferences
- Attend weekly and monthly faculty meetings
- Chaperone special school activities on a rotational basis
- Participate in professional development activities throughout the year
- Participate in evening sessions for parent/teacher conferences and other parent-oriented events
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Elementary Education
- Valid teaching certification / license relevant to the position
- Native speaker of English
- Experience working in an international school environment
- Interest, initiative and energy to develop modern approaches to curriculum and learning
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team
- Interest in living in Greece
Method of application
Δεχόμαστε καθόλη τη διάρκεια του έτους αιτήσεις από
Συμπληρώστε και στείλτε μας την αίτησή σας από τον αντίστοιχο σύνδεσμο.