Professor (all ranks) in Marketing & Management
The American College of Thessaloniki (ACT) is seeking applications for a faculty position in Marketing and Management at the rank of Assistant/Associate/Full Professor who would teach both at the undergraduate and graduate programs of the School of Business. The position is a full-time assignment for one year and may be renewable upon agreement of all parties.
Please note that the official language of ACT is English; proficiency in written and oral English is essential. All candidates should cover the following desired qualifications:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrate skill and knowledge in teaching discipline
- Make continuous efforts to improve the quality of instruction by reviewing and utilizing innovative technologies, methodologies, techniques, and delivery methods
- Develop and use a syllabus for each course within college, discipline, and departmental guidelines and submit one copy to the department chair
- Use a variety of teaching methods and materials, appropriate for students with differing educational and experiential backgrounds and learning styles that assist them in meeting course objectives
- Evaluate students to measure their progress toward achievement of stated course objectives, and inform them of their progress in the course in a timely manner
- Keep accurate student records and submit related reports and forms within requested timelines
- Learn and apply technologies that support student learning
- Keep pace with developments in the discipline
- Participate in discipline committee or program meetings and activities
- Review, evaluate, and revise program curricula and practices to assure compliance with professional standards, and requirements of business/industry, and higher education
- Candidates must have completed a Doctoral degree in Marketing or Management or closely related discipline.
- Salary and rank will be commensurable with experience.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Proficiency in the development of Marketing or Management curriculum and course development
- Experience with current best practices in the industry
- Leadership experience in an educational environment with sensitivity to students with diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds and students with disabilities
- Ability to work in a diverse work environment
- Willingness and ability to teach day or evening classes
- Knowledge and skill in a variety of computer usage and software
- Ability to inspire and motivate students in a student-centered environment
- Fluency in English
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with and effectively manage a diverse professional, community and student population
- A minimum of three or more years of college level teaching experience or other relevant work experience is required. College level teaching experience at a US – UK accredited higher education institution is preferred
- Research published in peer reviewed journals and/or conferences
- Demonstrated ability to serve in an administrative capacity
The application must include the following: 1) Letter of interest outlining qualifications for the position and personal teaching Philosophy and 2) Complete Curriculum Vitae.
Upon the conclusion of the screening procedure, shortlisted candidates will be notified to submit the following:
- College/University Transcripts listing coursework and grades for undergraduate and graduate degrees earned.
NOTE: Degree holders from foreign colleges/universities outside Greece must be recognized by DOATAP and the successful candidate must be registered in the College Faculty Registry at the Greek Ministry of Education (Μητρώο Διδασκόντων Κολλεγίων) by the time of the appointment
- List of at least 3 professional references, including name, address, title, telephone number, and e-mail
- Professional work portfolio
All material must be submitted in pdf format and in a compressed folder indicating in the file name, the last and first name of the applicant as well as the indication BusMark.
Δεχόμαστε καθόλη τη διάρκεια του έτους αιτήσεις από
Συμπληρώστε και στείλτε μας την αίτησή σας από τον αντίστοιχο σύνδεσμο.