Secondary English Language & Literature Teacher Full-Time - Pinewood
Overview of the Position
Pinewood seeks a dynamic and experienced English Language & Literature teacher beginning in the 2021-2022 academic year. We are looking for a teacher who exhibits excellence in the classroom, understands and effectively implements differentiation of learning, uses effective strategies to advance non-native speaker students’ language development, and is interested in working collaboratively with colleagues. The ideal candidate will implement student-centered approaches to teaching and learning and work cooperatively with students, parents, and colleagues to create and support an inclusive, individualized learning environment with student success, academically, emotionally and socially, as the foremost goal.
Our teachers are committed to ongoing renewal. Thus, we seek candidates who are committed to their own professional growth, who are eager to work with colleagues in a productive manner towards departmental goals and the school’s vision, and who can foster critical thinking, empathy, and strength of character in our students.
Prior experience teaching in an English-speaking school environment and in an IB school are considered strong advantages for the position. All candidates must be native speakers of English.
Scope of the position
The Secondary English Language & Literature teacher reports directly to the Secondary Principal and English Department Chair. Courses for students in Grades 6-12 that may be required to teach include English Language & Literature, Intensive English, and other courses as needed in the department. Courses will be at the Middle School and High School levels. The position is full-time.
- Embrace the mission, vision, and philosophy of the school
- Prepare original weekly outlines and course descriptions for each course taught
- Implement AERO standards and IB MYP and/or DP in course design and delivery
- Adjust teaching strategies to implement personalized adaptive learning
- Prepare and teach daily lessons and complete the yearly curriculum as outlined
- Cooperate closely with the Department Chair to plan and implement the curriculum
- Carry out advisory duties as assigned by the Secondary Principal
- Supervise students in the classroom and during recess/lunch/school activities to ensure safety
- Assist with order and discipline both in the classroom and around the school
- Participate in the faculty appraisal system as designated by the Head of School and Principal
- Administer appropriate formative and summative assessments to drive student learning
- Comply with all student SEN accommodations as identified by the school
- Monitor student progress, including up-to-date and accurate record-keeping
- Submit grades and written comments promptly as required by the Principal
- Communicate judiciously with students and parents regarding student progress and feedback
- Make time during the school day for student and/or parent conferences
- Attend weekly and monthly faculty meetings
- Chaperone special school activities on a rotational basis
- Participate in professional development activities throughout the year
- Participate in evening sessions for parent/teacher conferences and other parent-oriented events
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in English (Master’s preferred)
- Valid teaching certification / license relevant to the position
- Native speaker of English
- Interest, initiative, and drive to thrive in a diverse, personalized school setting
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team
- Interest in living in Greece
Method of application
Δεχόμαστε καθόλη τη διάρκεια του έτους αιτήσεις από
Συμπληρώστε και στείλτε μας την αίτησή σας από τον αντίστοιχο σύνδεσμο.