Faculty Position in Computer/Cybersecurity (all ranks considered)
The American College of Thessaloniki (ACT) is seeking applications for a faculty position in Computer Science at the rank of Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Professor. The position is a full-time assignment for one year with the intention to be renewed indefinitely.
ACT’s Division of Technology and Science is seeking a full-time faculty with expertise in the broad area of computer/cybersecurity. Particular areas of interest include but not limited to (in alphabetical order): adversarial machine learning; blockchain and cryptocurrency security; cryptography; data-driven security; human-centered security; network and wireless security; PL-oriented and software security; privacy/censorship/fairness and side-channel analysis, attacks, and defenses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrate skill and knowledge in teaching discipline.
- Make continuous efforts to improve the quality of instruction by reviewing and utilizing innovative technologies, methodologies, techniques, and delivery methods.
- Develop and use a syllabus for each course (or laboratory) within college, discipline, and departmental guidelines and submit one copy to the department chair.
- Use a variety of teaching methods and materials, appropriate for students with differing educational and experiential backgrounds and learning styles that assist them in meeting course objectives.
- Evaluate students to measure their progress toward achievement of stated course objectives, and inform them of their progress in the course in a timely manner.
- Keep accurate student records and submit related reports and forms within requested timelines.
- Learn and apply technologies that support student learning.
- Keep pace with developments in the discipline.
- Participate in discipline committee or program meetings and activities.
- Review, evaluate, and revise program curricula and practices to assure compliance with professional standards, and requirements of business/industry, and higher education.
- Taking a leading role in developing and maintaining a cyber range.
- Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science or closely related field is required.
- Candidates must have completed a Doctoral degree in Computer Science or closely related discipline.
- Candidates with exceptional research record will be considered for the rank of Associate Professor/Professor.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Proficiency in the development of Cybersecurity curriculum and course development
- Experience with current best practices in Cybersecurity lecture and lab instruction
- Leadership experience in an educational environment with sensitivity to students with diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds and students with disabilities
- Ability to work in a diverse work environment
- Willingness and ability to teach day or evening classes
- Knowledge and skill in a variety of computer usage and software
- Ability to inspire and motivate students in a student-centered environment
- Fluency in English
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with and effectively manage a diverse professional, community and student population
- A minimum of one or more years of college level teaching experience or other relevant work experience is required. College level teaching experience at a US - accredited higher education institution is preferred.
- Demonstrated service to the discipline.
A complete application package must include the following:
- Letter of interest outlining qualifications for the position.
- Complete Curriculum Vitae.
- List of at least 3 professional references, including name, address, title, telephone number, and e-mail.
- Short listed candidates must also submit College/University Transcripts listing coursework and grades for undergraduate and graduate degrees earned.
NOTE: Degree holders from foreign colleges/universities outside Greece must be recognized by DOATAP and the successful candidate must be registered in the College Faculty Registry at the Greek Ministry of Education (Μητρώο Διδασκόντων Κολλεγίων) by the time of the appointment. Copies of all relevant transcripts must be initially submitted with the application for consideration. Official transcripts are required at the time of employment.
Optional: Professional work portfolio
All material must be submitted in pdf format and in a compressed folder indicating in the file name, the last and first name of the applicant as well as the indication Cyber.
Disclaimer: The American College of Thessaloniki has no political, governmental or religious affiliations. ACT values a diverse college community. ACT does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital or parental status, age, or disability in the recruitment and admissions of its students, in the administration of its educational policies and programs, or its recruitment and employment of its faculty and staff.
Δεχόμαστε καθόλη τη διάρκεια του έτους αιτήσεις από
Συμπληρώστε και στείλτε μας την αίτησή σας από τον αντίστοιχο σύνδεσμο.