IB Diploma Programme Teaching needs: Mathematics
Anatolia College seeks an experienced IB Diploma Programme Teacher for a part time or full-time teaching position in any one or a combination of the following subjects, starting 1/9/21:
- Mathematics SL, Applications and Interpretations (most likely appointment), with flexibility to also teach:
- Mathematics SL, Analysis and approaches or
- Mathematics HL, Analysis and approaches
About the IB Diploma Programme at Anatolia
Anatolia College is an 11 – 18 co-educational High School, which offers the option of either following the Greek curriculum or entering the IBDP in grades 11 and 12. The school was authorized to offer the IBDP in 1998 and is currently also an MYP school, authorized in 2016.
The school’s mission statement is the following
Anatolia College is an integrated academic community committed to developing students’ talents through innovative educational approaches and open inquiry within a culture of academic excellence. We instill a heightened sense of social responsibility, in an environment that nurtures the ethical, creative and physical development of young people.
We aim to be the school of choice irrespective of financial circumstance and strive to instill in our students the drive to excel in their personal, professional and social attainment.
Contract: up to two Years
Working Pattern: most likely part time, 20 periods/week (out of a full time schedule of 24 periods/week, compensation adjusted proportionately).
Vacations: Off duty for two weeks during New Year and spring breaks respectively. On duty until June 30th. Starting 1st September 2021.
Duties: Almost full time teaching, most likely 20 periods/week (full time workload at 23-24 periods/week). Other duties include attending department and plenary faculty meetings, covering for absent teachers, meeting parents, in-school duties, escorting students on school trips etc.
Gross Salary: 20,000 - 30,000 euros/year depending on qualifications, residence status and proportionate to the hours taught. Health insurance benefits. For overseas hires we could discuss additional benefits (housing on campus or housing allowance, airfares to and from Greece, baggage allowance).
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Overall, the teacher should be committed to the school’s and IBO’s educational goals, diligent in his/her execution of duties, effective in his/her teaching and eager to contribute to out of class activities. Principal responsibilities include:
- To plan, prepare and deliver course materials that will effectively support subject teaching, in line with the “Approaches to Teaching and Learning” outlined by the IBO.
- To actively pursue the IBDP course aims and objectives while ensuring full and effective syllabus coverage.
- To actively participate in all regular or extraordinary IBDP faculty meetings or subject group meetings.
- To effectively carry out any out-of-class duties assigned by the IBDP Coordinator.
- To take part in the school’s extracurricular program.
- University degree in the relevant field(s)
- Experience in teaching relevant subject(s) at secondary schools
- Excellent command of the English language
- Teaching certificate or teaching license that would allow one to teach in a public school of their country of origin
- - Experience in teaching Mathematics for the IB Diploma
- - IB workshops, category 1 or 2 in the Mathematics SL “Applications and Interpretations” or other IBDP Mathematics courses.
- - Experience in teaching TOK or supervising CAS for the IBDP
- - Experience in counselling for university applications
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
Documents to be submitted
“IB Diploma Programme Teacher – Mathematics”
by 10/5/21 or until the position is filled.
Δεχόμαστε καθόλη τη διάρκεια του έτους αιτήσεις από
Συμπληρώστε και στείλτε μας την αίτησή σας από τον αντίστοιχο σύνδεσμο.