Resident Assistant (RA) Position (Full-Time)
Title: ACT Resident Assistant for the Degree Seeking Students
Period: December 14, 2021 – April 7, 2022
Compensation: Salary, housing, & job related expenses
The American College of Thessaloniki (ACT) invites applications for the positions of Resident Assistant (RA) in an International Student Dormitory located in downtown Thessaloniki. The positions constitute a full-time assignment for the hiring period. Extensions to the hiring period may be possible based on performance and program needs.
Resident Assistants the ACT International Programs & Student Services team.
The RA supports the academic success, social development and personal growth of students by creating intentional programs and experiences within a diverse community of learners that involve students, faculty, staff, and visiting staff from other universities. The RA actively participates in the development of a comprehensive residence life program. The RA position, due to its live-in nature, requires willingness to be called into service at any time of the day or night in order to meet students' needs as they arise, even in times of emergency when the campus may be closed. The RA will function as a resource and peer advisor to residents. Therefore, availability, consistency, integrity, emotional maturity and cross-cultural communication skills are of the utmost importance. The RA is expected to possess a positive attitude which embraces the ACT spirit and philosophy and thus serve as a role model abiding by all ACT rules, regulations and policies. S/he is expected to adopt the goals of maintaining a supportive system and a safe, comfortable living/learning environment. As a resident mentor, the RA is further fulfilling the ACT mission for education and service as well as maintaining good academic standing and continuing full-time student status. Above all, a RA must be an example and uphold professional and personal accountability.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Basic Greek language skills, fluency preferred.
- Must have completed at least 1 year of college or have relevant professional experience.
- Must have experience in living within a group setting.
- Ability to work well both in a team and in individual situations.
- Comfortable being a leader in group settings.
- Ability to use authority with good judgment.
- Ability to quickly evaluate crisis situations and respond appropriately.
- Possess administrative skills.
- Possess effective communication skills.
REQUIRED DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Attend and participate in staff training sessions and in regular staff meetings.
- Contribute actively to the move-in/move-out procedures and student orientation.
- Assist residents in their adjustment to roommate and community living.
- Design and construct residence hall decorations.
- Assist in the supervision of the residence, responding to all requests and emergencies (e.g. fire, health, safety).
- Be available to residents on a daily basis, and act as a liaison; contact the appropriate staff member of the Student Services Office on behalf of the residents regarding issues of concern to the residents.
- Remain on-call during the weekend and available by telephone or instant messaging 24/7, except for days designated as off-duty.
- Accompany students as instructed by the Student Services Office (e.g. bank, Immigration Office, hospital, police station etc.).
- Design and implement experiences for residents that enhance their social, educational and personal development and connect them to ACT community.
- Conduct periodic meetings for the purpose of planning events, disseminating pertinent College information, and explaining on-campus housing policies and procedures.
- Enforce housing rules, regulations and policies.
- Respond to all violations of ACT policies. Prepare and submit the appropriate reports.
- Monitor and promptly process requests for maintenance repairs and custodial needs received from residents.
- Assist students in navigating individual concerns.
- Assure confidentiality in regard to incidents reported in order to protect the privacy of individuals involved.
- Actively encourage and promote involvement in ACT events & activities and inspire residents to be active participants.
- Perform other tasks as required.
HOW TO APPLY
All applications will be treated with confidentiality. ACT does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, national origin, disability or any other status or condition.
Δεχόμαστε καθόλη τη διάρκεια του έτους αιτήσεις από
Συμπληρώστε και στείλτε μας την αίτησή σας από τον αντίστοιχο σύνδεσμο.