Media and Communication Instructor
ACT (the American College of Thessaloniki), the tertiary division of Anatolia College, is seeking a Media and Communication Instructor. The position is a half-time regular faculty (minimum 4 courses per year) assignment for one year starting September 1, 2022 and may be renewable upon agreement of all parties.
The Media and Communication Instructor provides the expertise and knowledge that supports the college curriculum and programs, establishes courses following accepted higher education standards, teaches students (lecture and/or laboratory) using a variety of effective methodologies, and engages students in learning activities. The incumbent will carry the agreed teaching load with demonstrated expertise in the area of Media and Communication, and participate in the activities of the Division and the College.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrate skill and knowledge in the designated teaching discipline.
- Make continuous efforts to improve the quality of instruction by reviewing and utilizing innovative technologies, methodologies, techniques, and delivery methods.
- Develop and use a syllabus according to college, discipline, and departmental guidelines and submit one copy to the department coordinator and division chair.
- Use a variety of teaching methods and materials, appropriate for students with differing educational and experiential backgrounds and learning styles that assist them in meeting course objectives.
- Evaluate students to measure their progress toward achievement of stated course objectives, and inform them of their progress in the course in a timely manner.
- Keep accurate student records and submit related reports and forms within requested timelines.
- Learn and apply technologies that support student learning.
- Keep pace with developments in the discipline.
- Participate in discipline committee or program meetings and activities.
- Review, evaluate, and revise program curricula and practices to assure compliance with professional standards, and requirements of business/industry, and higher education.
- A doctoral Degree in the broad area of Media and Communication is required.
- A minimum of three or more years of college level teaching experience or other relevant work experience is required. College level teaching experience at a US - accredited higher education institution is preferred.
- Published work in peer reviewed journals and conferences will be considered an advantage.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Proficiency in the development of relevant course curriculum and course development.
- Solid experience in current best practices in Media and Communication delivery and instruction.
- Experience in an environment with sensitivity to people of diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds, and students with disabilities.
- Knowledge and skills in a variety of related professional media platforms.
- Ability to inspire and motivate students in a student-centered environment in classroom settings and online delivery.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Expertise in the use and teaching of verbal and non-verbal cues in communication.
- Positive and encouraging classroom management strategies.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Expertise in motivating students, providing guidance, and helping them to excel in various formats of written and oral communication.
- Expertise in understanding the personal requirements, difficulties, and strengths of students and helping them to work accordingly to gain a command over communication .
- Letter of interest outlining qualifications for the position.
- Complete Curriculum Vitae.
- List of at least 3 professional references, including name, address, title, telephone number, and e-mail.
- Short listed candidates must also submit College/University Transcripts listing coursework and grades for undergraduate and graduate degrees earned.
NOTE: Degrees from foreign colleges/universities outside Greece must be recognized by DOATAP and the successful candidate must be registered in the College Faculty Registry at the Greek Ministry of Education (Μητρώο Διδασκόντων Κολλεγίων) by the time of the appointment. Copies of all relevant transcripts must be initially submitted with the application for consideration. Official transcripts are required at the time of employment.
All material must be submitted in pdf format and in a compressed folder indicating in the file name, the last and first name of the applicant as well as the indication Media and Communication.
Disclaimer: The American College of Thessaloniki has no political, governmental or religious affiliations. ACT values a diverse college community. ACT does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital or parental status, age, or disability in the recruitment and admissions of its students, in the administration of its educational policies and programs, or its recruitment and employment of its faculty and staff.
Δεχόμαστε καθόλη τη διάρκεια του έτους αιτήσεις από
Συμπληρώστε και στείλτε μας την αίτησή σας από τον αντίστοιχο σύνδεσμο.