Middle School Mathematics & Science Teacher (Full-Time) - Pinewood
Overview of the Position
Pinewood seeks a dynamic Middle School teacher who has a strong STEM background and experience in teaching Mathematics and Science.
We seek a middle school teacher who exhibits excellence in the classroom, encourages students’ development at the unique Middle School age and as informed global citizens and is interested in working collaboratively with colleagues. The ideal candidate will implement modern, student-centered approaches to teaching and learning and work cooperatively with students, parents and colleagues to create and support an inclusive, individualized, creative learning environment with student success, academically, emotionally and socially as the foremost goal.
Most importantly, we are looking for someone who LOVES working with Middle School students and is seeking an opportunity to help build the Math and Science program at this level.
Prior experience teaching in an English-speaking school environment and with IB MYP experience is considered a strong advantage for the position.
Scope of the Position
The teacher reports directly to the Secondary Principal and relevant Department Chairs. The teacher will be responsible for teaching Mathematics and Science courses primarily in Grades 7 & 8, but possibly in other levels, too. In addition, the teacher will serve as one of the Middle School Advisors. The position is full-time.
- Embrace the mission, vision and philosophy of the school
- Prepare original weekly outlines and course descriptions for each course taught
- Implement AERO standards and the IB MYP in course design and delivery
- Prepare and teach daily lessons and complete the yearly curriculum as outlined
- Carry out advisory duties as assigned by the Principal
- Supervise students in the classroom and during recess/lunch/school activities to ensure safety
- Assist with order and discipline both in the classroom and around the school
- Participate in the faculty appraisal system as designated by the Head of School and Principals
- Administer appropriate formative and summative assessments to drive student learning
- Comply with all student ELL and SEN accommodations as identified by the school
- Monitor student progress, including up-to-date and accurate record-keeping
- Submit grades and written comments promptly as required by the Principal
- Communicate openly & often with students and parents regarding student progress and feedback
- Make time during the school day for student and/or parent conferences
- Attend weekly and monthly faculty meetings, both during the day and after school
- Chaperone special school activities on a rotational basis
- Participate in professional development activities throughout the year
- Participate in evening sessions for parent/teacher conferences and other parent-oriented events
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Elementary or Middle School Education
- Valid teaching certification / license relevant to the position
- Experience teaching STEM subjects at the Middle School level
- Native speaker of English is a strong advantage
- Interest, initiative and drive to develop modern approaches to curriculum, teaching, and learning
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team
- Experience working with students whose first language is not English and/or in an international school environment will be considered a strong advantage
How to apply
Δεχόμαστε καθόλη τη διάρκεια του έτους αιτήσεις από
Συμπληρώστε και στείλτε μας την αίτησή σας από τον αντίστοιχο σύνδεσμο.