School Nurse - Pinewood
Overview of the Position
The role of the School Nurse at Pinewood is to support Secondary students’ health and wellbeing in order for students to fully participate in active school life. The School Nurse will embrace the mission, vision and core values of the school.
Scope of the Position
- The contract is from September 1st until June 30.
- The working hours are 8:30 to 16:30 including a 30 minute lunch break and one 15 min break in the morning and one in the afternoon.
- Some additional weekend hours may be required but adequate notice will be given in advance. It is vital that the School Nurse can be contacted at all times during school hours and occasionally after school hours in emergency situations.
- The School Nurse reports directly to the Business Manager.
Nurse’s Office Responsibilities
- Students visiting for sudden illness, chronic illness management, advice, counseling on health issues and injuries
- Follow ups on students’ illness and injuries with parents.
- Students with chronic illness : Development of a Person Centered Care Plan (PCCP) as soon as the school gets the diagnosis, and implementation.
- Record-keeping : vaccination records, health certificates, doctor’s notes, health Examinations of supplies and inventory management.
- Keep first Aid kits updated and AED
- Update administration regarding laws and regulations
Whole School Programs
- Advisory-Health-Wellness program for students
- Curriculum design
- Implementation of program through presentations and lessons
- Delivering health related classes, workshops and presentations from Pre-k to High School
- Develop programs for students
- Organise training for Faculty and Staff
- Presentations (ex: allergies, first aid, pandemic, seasonal flu)
- Student Services Department member for interdepartmental collaboration
- Be involved in whole school programs and protocols (Child protection and safeguarding, Peer mediation, etc.)
- Provide student support through webinars and podcasts
Covid-19 Administrator for Pinewood
- COVID procedures: reviewing, translating, communicating the relevant material
- Answering questions of students, faculty, staff and parents via email, phone or in person.
- Presentations for the precaution measures and masks
- Keeping track of students and faculty with symptoms
- Tracing contacts, informing the families
Collaboration with the Occupational Doctor
- Assistance with appointments and communication
- First Aid seminars
- Health and Safety Committee
- Campaigns and Newsletters
- Infor community about Flu, Allergies, Antibiotics, CPR, lice, hot weather, and other
- Level 6 degree in Nursing
- BLS - AED certified
- Fluency in English
- Computer proficiency
Method of Application
Δεχόμαστε καθόλη τη διάρκεια του έτους αιτήσεις από
Συμπληρώστε και στείλτε μας την αίτησή σας από τον αντίστοιχο σύνδεσμο.