Boarding Department Advisor
Anatolia College invites expression of interest for the position of part time Boarding Department Advisor (BDA) to cover its immediate needs. The Boarding Department Advisor is a member of the Dormitory Team, participating and assisting in maintaining the safety and wellbeing of the dormers and the proper operation of the Dormitory. BDA has regular advisor's duty up to 18 hours per week plus two half weekends. BDA supervises and mentors dormitory students, helps with enforcing Rules and Regulations and most importantly cares about the psychological, social, emotional and educational improvement of the dormers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Has regular advisor's duty up to 18 hours per week plus two half weekends (15+15 hours) on duty (depending on the month). Duties involve morning weak up of dormers once a week.
- Supervises and mentors dormitory students.
- Helps with enforcing Rules and Regulations of the Dormitory.
- Cares about the psychological, social, emotional and educational improvement of the dormers.
- Has regular sincere contact with the dormers
- Has meals with the dormers in the dining hall.
- Acts as a role mode for the dormers.
- Escorts dormers to the Library and helps with their studying.
- Organizes, participates and oversees athletic and/or educational dorm activities when asked by the Director.
- Treats personal problems and thoughts of the dormers with outmost discretion.
- Checks the neatness and cleanliness of the rooms and common areas.
- Participates in dormitory trips, or escorts young dormers downtown.
- Collaborates with the employee in charge of the kitchen and of the cleaning services for the proper operation of the boarding department.
- May be asked to visit the dormitory during the day, especially during the busy hours (e.g. dinner time), in addition to the regular duty schedule, and in agreement with the Director.
- Informs the Director and the kitchen about the number of dormers eating per weekend and is responsible for saving food for dormers that cannot participate in meals when involved in other school activities.
- Reports to the Director about any problems/incidents that have occurred.
- Proposes to the Director whatever measures might improve the operation and living conditions of the boarding department.
- Has meetings on a weekly basis with the Director and monthly with the advisors
- Sincere and caring character
- The Dormitory Advisor must have proven experience in working with children.
- University degree is welcome
- Ability to read, write and communicate both in Greek and in English
Excellent command of English language.
Δεχόμαστε καθόλη τη διάρκεια του έτους αιτήσεις από
Συμπληρώστε και στείλτε μας την αίτησή σας από τον αντίστοιχο σύνδεσμο.