Elementary School Librarian
At Anatolia College we offer exciting Library services and we have invested in a new Elementary School Library. We have improved Library access for our younger students by embedding the Library into the school curriculum. We are looking for people with commitment, enthusiasm and creativity to join us and contribute to our vision.
Anatolia College wishes to appoint a School Librarian for the Elementary School Library. The Library is central to the learning process and supports the Greek curriculum and the English program. We are already working toward establishing a reading culture among students and in partnership with the teachers integrating research skills in the teaching program. The Librarian will continue building an inviting and inspiring environment. The Library will serve students, teachers and the Anatolia community. The appointed Librarian will have the opportunity to continue developing exciting services in collaboration with the other Anatolia Libraries.
Reporting to: Director of Anatolia College Libraries.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing, managing, organizing and ordering the children’s collection
- Initiating and delivering the Information literacy and reading programs
- Collaborating with the Elementary teachers for locating materials for specific projects
- Further developing the reading promotion program
- Contributing to school Subject projects (e.g. Earth Day, Athletic Day, etc.) with Guides, book lists, displays etc.
- Compiling holiday and summer reading lists
- Supporting Library visits and Pop up Library operations
- Supporting school activities, book displays, art displays, and author events.
- Cataloguing (in Koha) and classifying (with the Dewey system) the books of the Elementary / Kindergarten section (training will be provided)
- Responsible for using Libguides, Moodle and other digital tools
- Attending Elementary School meetings regularly
- Supervising children at work in the library
- Marketing the library within the school
- Developing training and a reference collection for teachers
- Liaising with the Eleftheriades Librarians
- Any other relevant duties as instructed by the Director of Libraries
- Qualified librarian with at least 2 years of work experience in school, children’s or other education libraries
- Expected to bring impact to the school community
- Good knowledge of children’s books and literature is necessary
- Good knowledge of current best practices and trends in libraries is necessary
- Excellent knowledge of the Greek and English language required
- Previous work experience with children is preferable
Preferred characteristics of the candidate
- A professional, approachable, and positive attitude toward teachers and students
- Ability to work harmoniously with children, parents, and teachers
- Trustworthiness, honesty, and discretion
- Ability to accept constructive criticism
- Willingness to help and work together with the personnel of the Anatolia Libraries and to work as a member of the team
- A love of reading, enthusiasm, and creativity
A complete application package must include: (1) Letter of interest outlining qualifications for the position, (2) Complete Curriculum Vitae, (3) At least two professional references, including name, address, title, telephone number, and e-mail.
- Opening date: Friday 10 June 2022
- Closing date: Sunday 26 June 2022
- Interviews: 29 June – 30 June 2022
Δεχόμαστε καθόλη τη διάρκεια του έτους αιτήσεις από
Συμπληρώστε και στείλτε μας την αίτησή σας από τον αντίστοιχο σύνδεσμο.