Assistant / Associate Professor in Finance & Economics
The American College of Thessaloniki (ACT) is seeking applications for a faculty position in Finance and Economics at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor who would teach both at the undergraduate and graduate programs of the School of Business. The position is a full-time assignment starting at the academic year 2019-2020.
- A Doctoral degree in the related field
- Proficiency in written and oral English since the official language of ACT is English
Before being hired to teach a course, the applicant must be registered in the College Teacher Registry of the Ministry of Education (Μητρώο Διδασκόντων Κολλεγίων).
Degree holders from foreign colleges/universities outside Greece must be recognized by DOATAP, and the successful candidate(s) must have submitted a dossier of required materials to the Ministry of Education by the time of appointment. Copies of all relevant transcripts must be initially submitted with your application for consideration. OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS ARE REQUIRED AT TIME OF EMPLOYMENT.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency in online teaching platforms (e.g., Moodle etc.)
- Proficiency in the development of Economics & Finance curriculum and course development.
- Experience with current best practices in Economics & Finance lecture and instruction.
- Ability to work in a diverse work environment
- Ability to inspire and motivate students in a student-centered environment
- Knowledge of the philosophy and principles of an American liberal arts education system
- Willingness and ability to teach day or evening classes
- Knowledge and skill in a variety of computer usage and software
- Ability to communicate with and effectively manage a diverse professional, community and student population
- Actively engaged in academic research with a publication track record.
- Knowledge of the contemporary business developments
- Previous experience in college level teaching
- Knowledge of both the US and the UK academic system and their procedures
- Experience in working with a diverse population of students of various ethnic backgrounds
A complete application package must include: (1) Letter of interest outlining qualifications for the position, (2) Complete Curriculum Vitae, (3) List of at least four professional references, including name, address, title, telephone number, and e-mail.
Δεχόμαστε καθόλη τη διάρκεια του έτους αιτήσεις από
Συμπληρώστε και στείλτε μας την αίτησή σας από τον αντίστοιχο σύνδεσμο.