Grade 6 Teacher & Entrepreneurship Teacher
Maternity Leave Position
Overview of the Position
Pinewood seeks a dynamic Grade 6 teacher for a maternity leave opening for the following time periods: March 26, 2020 - June 18, 2020 and with the potential of continuing the same post from September 1, 2020 - November 30, 2020.
We seek a teacher who exhibits excellence in the classroom, encourages students’ development as informed ethical citizens of the world and is interested in working collaboratively with colleagues. The ideal candidate will implement modern, student-centered approaches to teaching and learning and work cooperatively with students, parents and colleagues to create and support an inclusive, individualized, creative learning environment with student success, academically, emotionally and socially as the foremost goal.
Prior experience teaching in an English-speaking school environment is considered a strong advantage for the position.
Scope of the Position
The teacher reports directly to the Principal and will be responsible for teaching Language Arts, Science, Social Studies and Entrepreneurship for Grade 6 and. Entrepreneurship courses for Grades 7, 8 and High School. In addition, the teacher will serve as one of the Grade 6 Advisors.
- Embrace the mission, vision and philosophy of the school
- Prepare original weekly outlines and course descriptions for each course taught
- Implement AERO standards in course design and delivery
- Prepare and teach daily lessons and complete the yearly curriculum as outlined
- Carry out advisory duties as assigned by the Principal
- Supervise students in the classroom and during recess/lunch/school activities to ensure safety
- Assist with order and discipline both in the classroom and around the school
- Participate in the faculty appraisal system as designated by the President and Principal
- Administer appropriate formative and summative assessments to drive student learning
- Comply with all student ESL and SEN accommodations as identified by the school
- Monitor student progress, including up-to-date and accurate record-keeping
- Submit grades and written comments promptly as required by the Principal
- Communicate judiciously with students and parents regarding student progress and feedback
- Make time during the school day for student and/or parent conferences
- Attend weekly and monthly faculty meetings
- Chaperone special school activities on a rotational basis
- Participate in professional development activities throughout the year
- Participate in evening sessions for parent/teacher conferences and other parent-oriented events
- Availability to being on March 26, 2020
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Elementary or Middle School Education
- Valid teaching certification / license relevant to the position
- Native speaker of English is a strong advantage
- Interest, initiative and energy to develop modern approaches to curriculum and learning
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team
- Experience working with students whose first language is not English and/or in an international school environment will be considered a strong advantage
Method of application
Δεχόμαστε καθόλη τη διάρκεια του έτους αιτήσεις από
Συμπληρώστε και στείλτε μας την αίτησή σας από τον αντίστοιχο σύνδεσμο.