Overview of the Position
The Secondary Principal assists with the successful operation of the Middle and High School Divisions by coordinating the curricular, organizational and administrative functions of Grades 6-12 and by shaping a vision of academic success for all students. Overall, the Secondary Principal is responsible for the quality of teaching and for promoting growth in those who teach.
Scope of the Position
The Secondary Principal reports to the Head of School and oversees the daily functioning of the Secondary School program. It is a full-time position.
- Know and embrace the mission, vision, core values, policies and procedures of the school
- Work collaboratively with the President and other administrative team members to coordinate the daily operations of the Secondary school
- Serve as the curriculum leader and instructional coach for the Secondary school teachers
- Oversee daily operations [student attendance, events, field trips, seminars, weekly meetings, exam procedures, report cards, substitution]
- Monitor student achievement [ESL, SEN, NHS, course selection, graduation requirements, other student academic support needs]
- Monitor and address all student behavior matters
- Establish regular communication lines with parents, faculty and students related to student learning, school activities and other important areas
- Evaluate teacher performance via the school’s appraisal system
- Work collaboratively with Instructional Leader to design faculty professional development
- Oversee external testing procedures [MAP, PSAT]
- Allocate funds and monitor secondary academic expenditures [educational materials]
- Collaborate with administration on development of faculty policy & procedures
- Develop all secondary timetables in coordination with the IB Coordinator
- Oversee all school activities involving Secondary students
- Arrange all beginning and end of year procedures
- Introduce and encourage new ideas and enthusiasm to/with the Secondary school teachers
Principles of Good Practice
The following principles of good practice provide guidelines for which the Secondary Principal is expected to adhere. (NAIS)
1. The Principal has thorough knowledge appropriate to his/her supervisory role and stays abreast of recent developments in the field. The Principal also exemplifies in his/her own work with faculty members the qualities that he/she hopes to develop in the faculty.
2. The Principal ensures that faculty members new to the school receive orientation and support sufficient for them to work effectively and with confidence that they are carrying out the educational mission, policies and procedures of the school.
3. The Principal ensures that the teachers are informed of both praise and criticism of their work and that useful support and assistance are available to each teacher to improve the quality of teaching.
4. The Principal makes available to all faculty members on an equitable basis whatever resources the school can provide for professional growth and development, both inside and outside the school.
5. The Principal will maintain an open and effective line of communication with parents and the community.
6. The Principal encourages and challenges teachers to initiate curricular improvements by providing the necessary time and resources and by creating structures to foster faculty collaboration on curriculum development.
7. The Principal leads faculty members in upholding high standards of professional behavior and responds immediately when behavior occurs that is harmful to children or harmful to the school community.
8. The Principal evaluates and works to improve teaching through classroom visits, discussions with teachers, and other methods that are fair and consistent with the practices of Pinewood. Evaluation is based on clearly articulated criteria and occur in a context of respect for the teacher’s professional knowledge and decision-making capability.
9. The Principal monitors his/her own work by inviting suggestions and critiques from teachers.
Method of application
Δεχόμαστε καθόλη τη διάρκεια του έτους αιτήσεις από
Συμπληρώστε και στείλτε μας την αίτησή σας από τον αντίστοιχο σύνδεσμο.