IB Diploma Programme Teaching needs: Psychology Standard and Higher Level
Anatolia College seeks an experienced IB Diploma Programme Teacher for a part time or full-time teaching & counselling position in the following subject, starting 1/9/21:
- Psychology Standard and Higher Level
About the IB Diploma Programme at Anatolia
Anatolia College is an 11 – 18 co-educational High School, which offers the option of either following the Greek curriculum or entering the IBDP in grades 11 and 12. The school was authorized to offer the IBDP in 1998 and is currently also an MYP school, authorized in 2016.
The school’s mission statement is the following
Anatolia College is an integrated academic community committed to developing students’ talents through innovative educational approaches and open inquiry within a culture of academic excellence. We instill a heightened sense of social responsibility, in an environment that nurtures the ethical, creative and physical development of young people.
We aim to be the school of choice irrespective of financial circumstance and strive to instill in our students the drive to excel in their personal, professional and social attainment.
Contract: Two Years
Working Pattern: approx. 12 teaching periods/week, part time, comprised of a combination of 6 teaching periods/week plus counselling support.
Vacations: Off duty for two weeks during New Year and spring breaks respectively. On duty until June 30th.
Hours: Full load is 23 teaching periods per week; teaching hours to be assigned to the Psychology teacher are expected to be approx.12. Other duties include attending department and plenary faculty meetings, covering for absent teachers, meeting parents, escorting students on school trips etc.
Gross Salary: In accordance with the Greek secondary education pay scales and the school’s additional benefits. Proportionate to the hours taught in comparison to the full time schedule (for example 12/23rds of full time salary), health insurance and pay benefits.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Overall, the teacher should be committed to the school’s and IBO’s educational goals, diligent in his/her execution of duties, effective in his/her teaching and eager to contribute to out of class activities. Principal responsibilities include:
- To plan, prepare and deliver course materials that will effectively support subject teaching, in line with the “Approaches to Teaching and Learning” outlined by the IBO.
- To actively pursue the IBDP course aims and objectives while ensuring full and effective syllabus coverage.
- To actively participate in all regular or extraordinary IBDP faculty meetings or subject group meetings.
- To effectively carry out any out-of-class duties assigned by the IBDP Coordinator.
- To take part in the school’s extracurricular program.
- University degree in the relevant field(s)
- Experience in teaching relevant subject(s)
- Excellent command of the English language
- Experience in teaching Psychology for the IB Diploma
- IB workshops, category 1 or 2 in Psychology
- Experience in counseling 16-18 year olds
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
Documents to be submitted
Δεχόμαστε καθόλη τη διάρκεια του έτους αιτήσεις από
Συμπληρώστε και στείλτε μας την αίτησή σας από τον αντίστοιχο σύνδεσμο.