Head of the High School English Department
Anatolia College is seeking to appoint a Head of English Department for the High School as of the end of August 2019 and invites expression of interest for the position. The Head of English will:
- ensure that Anatolia High School students are being taught effectively how to speak, read, write, and understand English, and learn to read English at a level appropriate to their abilities.
- supervise, and help select English faculty that has historically ranged from 15 to 20 English teachers
- oversee curriculum and instruction and make recommendations for quality, growth and improvement
- assure quality and uniformity in instruction, assessment, reporting and academic standards. Coordinate faculty in the curriculum review process
- actively support the school’s strategic vision and gain a commitment to this ethos amongst all Faculty.
- An advanced degree (Masters or Ph.D.) in English language or literature
- Valid teacher certification
- Extensive experience in secondary education teaching
- American citizenship or dual USA/GR citizenship, ideally combined with residency permit for Greece
- A working or strong theoretical knowledge of the IB Middle Years Program
- Wide knowledge of American and English literature, language, and culture
- Experience in a relevant position/field is a strong advantage
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Ability to work in a diverse work environment
A complete application package must include: (1) Letter of interest outlining qualifications for the position, (2) Complete Curriculum Vitae, (3) List of at least three professional references, including name, address, title, telephone number, and e-mail.
We accept applications throughout the academic year for
Fill in and send us your application using the corresponding link.