What is Giving Tuesday?
GivingTuesday is a global day of generosity celebrated the Tuesday after Thanksgiving.
GivingTuesday was created in 2012 as a simple idea: a day that encourages people to do good. Over the past nine years, this idea has grown into a global movement that inspires hundreds of millions of people to give, collaborate, and celebrate generosity. This year Giving Tuesday will take place on December 1, 2020.
GivingTuesday unleashes the power of people and organizations to transform their communities and the world. It is a movement fueled by the power of social media and collaboration, that inspires millions of people across the world to make a difference.
GivingTuesday is an opportunity for people around the world to stand together in unity—to use their individual power of generosity to remain connected and heal.
GivingTuesday strives to build a world in which the catalytic power of generosity is at the heart of the society we build together, unlocking dignity, opportunity, and equity around the globe.
People can show their generosity in a variety of ways during GivingTuesday—whether it’s helping a neighbor, advocating for an issue, sharing a skill, or giving to causes, every act of generosity counts.
At a time when we are all experiencing the pandemic, generosity is what brings people of all races, faiths, and political views together across the globe. Generosity gives everyone the power to make a positive change in the lives of others and is a fundamental value anyone can act on.
We all have gifts to give, and with social media, online giving, delivery, mail, and phones, there are limitless ways to use your generosity to support others.
In times of crisis, it's often the power of grassroots generosity that unites and heals communities. In fact, research has shown that people give together on GivingTuesday because they want to be part of a bigger group of people doing good.
What is our goal for December 1, 2020?
Our goal is to reach 500 donations on or up to December 1, 2020!
For every 100 donations reached, we unlock $5,000, generously donated by our Trustees.
So, let’s do this! Let’s reach our target and unlock the full amount of $25,000!
Don’t forget that even the smallest donation matters! Help us reach our goal by making a donation here.
What will your donation support?
All funds collected from the Anatolia’s #GivingTuesday campaign will go towards the School’s Scholarship & Financial Aid Program.
By giving to Anatolia College on or up to December 1, 2020 you help students of limited financial means to continue to have the opportunity to achieve their dreams through high quality education.
Anatolia’s community has always relied on solidarity. When times get tough, we will always have each other. Together we can, once again, make a difference!
Why give to Anatolia College?
- Anatolia College is a non-profit educational institution.
- All of Anatolia College’s revenues are used to fulfill our mission of educational excellence, and there is no single owner or shareholder to benefit from them.
- In this context, all buildings that have been and will be built on campus were made possible by the generosity of caring individuals and institutions.
- Anatolia College's identity and legacy is intricately connected to its commitment to providing talented but economically disadvantaged students with scholarship assistance. Today, approximately 25% of the high school student body receives scholarships or financial assistance based on both merit and need. Since establishing its first school in Thessaloniki in 1924, the Anatolia Scholarship Program has made it possible for over 1,000 students to attend Anatolia on a full tuition scholarship and over 500 students from all parts of Greece, to attend on a full boarding scholarship.
- By giving to Anatolia, you provide funding so that students, regardless of their financial status, continue to have the opportunity to achieve their dreams through education.
- You help enhance and build a great educational institution that takes the best of the Greek educational model and combines it with the liberal-arts philosophy and entrepreneurial spirit of the American educational model to inspire Greek youth.
- You ensure that Anatolia College students excel in the global economy, by providing world-class facilities.
- You invest in the future of Greece. Over the years, Anatolia College has faced many challenges; boldly rising to face and overcome these challenges has been a source of great national pride. The current challenges are daunting, but Anatolia College will continue to lead and succeed.
How can you help us reach our goal?
You can help by:
- Making a donation on or up to December 1! Even the smallest donation matters, as it will help us reach our target of 500 donations in one day. Let’s make December 1, a historical day for Anatolia College and its students!
- Doing an act of kindness! Help an elderly person with their shopping, provide food and necessities to a family in need, thank a person you could have thanked long ago but haven’t gone round to do it or teach someone one of your skills. You may share your act of kindness with us by sending us a direct message on Anatolia College FB messenger (a photo or 30-50 words describing your good deed), so that we can post it and encourage other people to do something good!
- Spreading the word! Sharing our posts or creating your own posts that will encourage other people to give will greatly help us reach our goal.
-You may use any or all of the following hashtags
#anatoliacollege #socialimpact #socialgood #4charity #givingback
-Don’t forget to mention the date: December 1, 2020
-If you can, please include our giving site: